This program is available for patients with financial difficulties. Physicians apply for this program on behalf of their patients. Eligibility is determined on a case-by-case basis through a formal review process at Digestive Care, Inc. Upon approval, a FREE three month supply of Pertzye will be sent to the requesting physician for distribution to their patient. If another supply is needed, the physician is to submit another enrollment form.*
For every 30 day prescription of Pertzye that is filled, a patient is eligible to receive a maximum rebate of $25.00 from their purchase of vitamin supplements, high calorie drinks or other nutritional food sources. The rebate covers up to a total of $75.00 for each 90-day supply of Pertzye.*
PERTZYE is a combination of porcine-derived lipases, proteases, and amylases indicated for the treatment of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency due to cystic fibrosis or other conditions.
- Fibrosing colonopathy is associated with high-dose use of pancreatic enzyme replacement. Exercise caution when doses of PERTZYE exceed 2,500 lipase units/kg of body weight per meal (or greater than 10,000 lipase units/kg of body weight per day).
- To avoid irritation of oral mucosa, do not chew PERTZYE or retain in the mouth.
- Hyperuricemia may develop. Consider monitoring uric acid levels in patients with hyperuricemia, gout, or renal impairment.
- There is theoretical risk of viral transmission with all pancreatic enzyme products including PERTZYE.
- Exercise caution when administering pancrelipase to a patient with a known allergy to proteins of porcine origin.
The most common adverse reactions (≥ 10%) are: diarrhea, dyspepsia, and cough.